About a month or so ago I reached out to Miss Whitney English about her recent creation: The Day Designer. This quarter, as many of you know, I unexpectedly was moved to all online courses, started working with a couple more freelance clients on top of my regular day job, and was trying to keep up with the growth of the blog and some other surprise personal projects. To say the least, my old organization routine of keeping a teux deux list was just not going to cut it with all of the future planning that I needed to work out on this chaotic schedule. When I heard about a planner that was catered specifically to the creative entrepreneur, I was intrigued. After a little over a month of using The Day Designer, I can definitely let you know that it’s been a game changer in how I work.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THE DAY DESIGNER:
• For the first section of the planner, you’re introduced to some unique tools that help you find your personal passions and goals. What?! I’ve always been one to have goals to work towards, but writing these down, and planning your schedule around meeting these goals was something that I had never done before. While I’m still on the journey of meeting my goals, keeping these in mind daily really helps keep them in focus, and you can do little things each day that will add up to meeting that goal in the long run.
• The set up is easy to understand, and you keep your priorities straight by having a month in review throughout the planner to keep those larger goals broken up into manageable aspects.
• There is a large page for each day. This is key! I love having enough space on each day to write notes, and add tasks as they come up. Keeping it all on one page helps you focus on what you need to do for that day, rather than looking at an entire week and feeling overwhelmed.
• It’s aesthetically pleasing. Come on, who doesn’t love hot pink and black and white stripes? The quality of The Day Designer is amazing. You feel like you’re really working with something special.
• It combines a traditional to-do list—that I was already familiar to working with—and combines it with a schedule and priority system. Each day you pick your top three items from your list that you need to complete. This helps make the to-do list less daunting, and helps you feel accomplished when you do get all three of those done for the day. By pairing this system side-by-side next to a schedule, you can see where your daily tasks can fit into your schedule in one day.
• Quotes on each page bring a smile to my day.
So, are you intrigued? You can get your own day designer HERE. Also, lucky for you Whitney has offered to give one of my lucky readers a Day Designer of their own! The giveaway will be open until next Friday, December 14th, at midnight. I’m using rafflecopter for this giveaway, so follow along below for your chances to win! You can enter multiple times, so head on back throughout the week for more chances. Good luck!
Since I started my blog, I’ve been trying to get both it and my school schedule more organized. Recently, I’ve noticed myself tending to forget things because I don’t have anywhere to write them down. This planner would be a PERFECT place for me to keep everything organized!
i have been wanting to get myself one of these planners for a while now… i think it would be super helpful for my crazy schedule, too! i also know that i do much better when i write something down… for whatever reason, once i write it with pen and paper, it becomes a reality. okay, now i really need this planner!!
December 7th, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I would absolutely LOVE to win this planner!! I have been addicted to planners for as long as I can remember and this planner would make me soooo happy! I’m constantly searching for planners and the reviews and pics I’ve seen only continue to make me desire it even more! Thank you for the chance to win!!!
I have this on my Christmas wish list – I would love to get my hands on one of these! I recently opened an etsy shop along with a website/blog with my mom to showcase our handmade business, Mattie Mae Designs. I would love to win this planner to help me organize my goals and ideas in one place, as so frequently, they are written down onto post-it notes, napkins and other things that I easily use! I have heard so many great things about the Day Designer, and I think it would be the perfect fit for 2013!
As a blogger I’m constantly jotting down ideas on post it notes or in my phone. Having my ideas all over the place can feel overwhelming at times and I would love to have a planner to keep all of my thoughts organized! Especially one as adorable as this one!!!
2013 is going to be a big year for me and I NEED this planner. It’s like perfect in every way possible. I already bought a 2013 planner but I had never seen this one before. Really regretting that right about now! I would love to get one of these for the new year!
December 7th, 2012 at 4:52 PM
i keep seeing you post about this annnd i’m always obsessed with any kind of planner. going to check it out!
Oh gosh, Kelsey! This is another reason for me to be sad that I live in Europe (shipping from Etsy is $50)! Since I can’t send one to myself, I’m thinking of sending one to Kara :) Thanks so much for the thorough review (your handwriting is really cute). I’m crossing my fingers that I win this, haha!
This is PERFECTION! As a girl on the go, I always have my planner with me but I am looking for a new one to fit all of my ideas and to-do’s. This is not only beautiful but functional and is a must-have for the start of 2013. Whoever wins this is one lucky lady [or gent ;) ]. But I do hope it’s me!
I was looking for more details on this planner- so glad I found your post!
December 10th, 2012 at 8:38 PM
I definitely need this! I’m such a journal/planner hoarder. There’s nothing like writing. I am always searching for motivation by making vision boards, calendars and journals. I carry so many notebooks with me. I have two in my purse, one beside my bed, one at my boyfriend’s house and a planner on my phone, and a planner for school…this will solve all of my problems ;-)
I just came across your website, and love it. I am a little obsessed with this planner already, and think it needs to be in life. As a creative minded person being pulled in a hundred directions daily, compulsive organization is vital to my productivity!
[…] Whitney English for a couple months now, and it has seriously been saving my butt. Here’s a review that I wrote about it and all the reasons why it has helped me so much as a creative. My new years […]
READY TO REACH NEW LEVELS WITH YOUR BUSINESS?
BUILD A BOOMING BRAND TEACHES YOU EXACTLY HOW TO FIND YOUR BRAND’S FOUNDATION, SO YOU CAN GET CRYSTAL CLEAR ON YOUR BUSINESS’ BIG PURPOSE.
LEARN MORE AND ENROLL NOW!
STRATEGY & DESIGN
we’re dedicated to helping our clients create beautiful brands that last, based on strategy, and a lot of love.
and fans of personal development, we provide courses that help you grow your business, and love your life.
we believe in doing what YOU can to get the job done, now. At Pinegate, we believe in YOUR power to grow.
we know business ownership and following your dreams can be tough. Join our community of go-getters!