Now this is one recipe that I have been trying over and over and over to get right. I finally think that I found the perfect way to make cauliflower pizza dough! It’s the perfect thing for when you’re trying to watch calories but still are craving that pizza taste. With some gorgonzola and pears as toppings….just. yum. I put gorgonzola and pear on everything, so if that’s not your thing, normal people toppings work as well.
CAULIFLOWER PIZZA DOUGH:
– Preheat your oven to 425
– Steam cauliflower, and when done, puree in a food processor or grate with a cheese grater. You’ll need 1 cup of the grated cauliflower. Put this in a bowl.
– Add one cup of low fat or fat free mozzarella cheese.
– Add an egg in there for good measure…and some bread crumbs if you have those around. I didn’t measure this, but maybe 1/8 a cup of breadcrumbs would do. Enough to have everything stick together nicely.
– Season that mixture with salt, pepper, garlic/garlic power, oregano, and any other seasonings you fancy. I’ve even added parmesan cheese when I’m feeling a bit naughty.
– Mix this all up, and place on oiled parchment paper in the shape that you want your pizza to be.
– Bake for….15 minutes? It will be bubbly and golden brown and look delicious. You can take this and use it as breadsticks, or put toppings on and heat until those are all toasty together.
– Voila! (almost) no carb pizza dough!
This is definitely something to get used to, and is not a substitute for the real thing, but it sure is something easy that you can whip up when you don’t want to wait 2 hours for pizza dough to rise or you are trying to shed some pounds. Let me know how it goes for you!