A BOUTIQUE BRANDING STUDIO FOR CREATIVE BUSINESSES
avocado and roasted walnut pasta
This was a recipe born out of necessity this past week. My fridge broke, so there was no getting new grocieries, and there was also a mad-dash to eat and use all the fresh items that I had laying around—which most importantly included a half of an avocado. Avocados are my fav, and I couldn’t see this baby go to waste. Inspired by Tina Jeffer’s avocado pasta recipe, which has been a life-saver in the past, I decided to whip up an avocado pasta version of my own with some other on-hand ingredients.
Alright, here goes nothing.
AVOCADO AND ROASTED WALNUT PASTA
• Start to boil some water and heat a frying pan
• When the frying pan is hot, add the walnuts. Flip and stir until they are fragrant and a little darker than they were originally (4-6 minutes, depending). Chop into small pieces.
• Add the rest of the ingredients, minus the pasta, to a food processor. Blend until smooth
• When the water is boiling, add the brown rice pasta to the water and boil for two minutes. Durring this step, you may want to add up to 1/4 cup of the pasta water to the avocado mixture to make it more like sauce and/or add some of the walnuts to blend into the sauce. But, you can do as you please.
• Drain the pasta, plate it, put one half of the avocado mixture on the pasta, and sprinkle with half of the roasted walnuts. You can save the other half of the avocado mixture + walnuts to go with another 2oz of pasta tomorrow (I did), or you have go ahead and make 4oz of pasta and make two servings. I live in a household of one, so I definitely did the former.
•Eat it up! (and you can garnish with kale if you have a problem like I do).
Each serving contains 388 calories. 200 of these are in the pasta, so you could alternatively use spaghetti squash or riced cauliflower for a much lighter dish. This recipe is gluten, sugar, dairy, and corn free. If you are into the dairy eating—oh how I wish I could have some about now—then I would highly recommend topping this with some shredded goat gouda. That stuff lives in my dreams.
[…] be considered food, that’s exactly when some magic usually ends up happening. Much like the roasted walnut and avocado pasta I was forced to whip up a while back, this recipe came from my unwillingness to head to the grocery […]
READY TO REACH NEW LEVELS WITH YOUR BUSINESS?
BUILD A BOOMING BRAND TEACHES YOU EXACTLY HOW TO FIND YOUR BRAND’S FOUNDATION, SO YOU CAN GET CRYSTAL CLEAR ON YOUR BUSINESS’ BIG PURPOSE.
LEARN MORE AND ENROLL NOW!
STRATEGY & DESIGN
we’re dedicated to helping our clients create beautiful brands that last, based on strategy, and a lot of love.
and fans of personal development, we provide courses that help you grow your business, and love your life.
we believe in doing what YOU can to get the job done, now. At Pinegate, we believe in YOUR power to grow.
we know business ownership and following your dreams can be tough. Join our community of go-getters!